FAQ - Insurance

Q: What about insurance?

State of Alaska and our Insurance Underwriter require each rider to be insured on our bikes. This is accomplished by purchasing an addendum to our policy for $15 per day which covers you on our bike.

You are responsible for ALL damage to the motorcycle up to $2500.00 USD. This includes traffic accidents, dropping the bike, rock damage and engine damage like overheating or putting Diesel fuel in tank (yes, that happens).  Charges for these items will be collected when you return the bike.

Many personal motorcycle insurance policies now cover rented motorcycles because it is becoming pretty common.  You may be able to recover all or part of that $2500.00 deductible from your insurance company.

Q: Does your insurance cover all circumstances, situations and conditions?

No. If you have an accident for which you are cited for DUI (driving under influence of alcohol or drugs) or cited for reckless driving and endangering others - our insurance company maintains the right to recover up to the full value of the motorcycle. Additionally, if the motorcycle is damaged while riding on a non-DOT maintained road, trail riding, backcountry riding or off road riding - you may be responsible for more than just the deductible. Drive responsibly and stay on the road.

Q: A rock hit and broke my headlight, am I responsible for this damage?

Yes. Rock damage is not considered a normal wear and tear item.  Just like a rental car agency (Avis, Hertz, Alamo), a broken windshield or head light is the renter/driver’s responsibility.  Don’t follow your buddy or other vehicles too closely.

Q: Can I reduce the deductible by paying an additional fee?

No.  The $2500.00 deductible is the standard for the motorcycle rental businesses in the United States because most of us are insured by the same company.

Ask your question ....